John Pizzarelli contest rules
To create a level playing field for all participants and to get as many cover songs added to SecondHandSongs, we’ve created this little set of rules:
- By entering the contest you agree to these rules. If you do not agree, please do not enter the contest.
- The contest is open to all members of the SecondHandSongs community; non-members can participate by registering.
- The contest is not open to SecondHandSongs staff.
- Members can participate in the contest by posting cover songs relating to John Pizzarelli, including all data (see below), to our forum.
- Members can post as many cover songs as they like; this considerably increases the chances to win the cd as we randomly draw the winners from all valid posts.
- All posted covers will be judged by SecondHandSongs; only valid and complete covers will be admitted in the draw. Decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The contest starts as soon as the contest mailing is sent to the SecondHandSongs members and ends at 23:59:59 on May 1, 2012 Central European Time (our server time).
- We’ll inform winning contestants as soon as possible after the closing of the contest.
Required data for posts by participants
Some tips before you start:
First check SecondHandSongs to make sure the cover song by John Pizzarelli you want to add is not already in our database. Also check the cover songs posted by other contestants to avoid posting a duplicate (In such a case only the first posted of the duplicate covers will be allowed into the draw). There’s also a good chance that information on original artists is already in the SecondHandSongs database. If this is true then just link to that information.
1. Posting a song covered by John Pizzarelli
Please add the following data; unfortunately only complete and correct posts will be accepted. So to avoid disappointment be as precise and complete as possible.
Information on the original song covered:
- Song title of the original
- Written by: the author(-s) of the original
- Name of the original artist
- Name of the medium (album, single, EP, digital) on which the original was released
- Release date of the original
- Label: the name of the label on which the original song was released
- Catalogue number of the medium on which the original was first released
- Format: the format of the original’s medium, for example vinyl, cd, 7’ or album
- Links to the resources you used to compile the information on the original, which will enable easy verification by SecondHandSongs
Information on the cover version by John Pizzarelli:
- Basically you’ll be adding the same information as above, but this time pertaining to John Pizzarelli’s cover song.
2. Posting a John Pizzarelli composition covered by another artist
You can use the above framework as well.
Hopefully you're not too overwhelmed by now :). To give you an idea of how this will look, please check out this forumpost.
Good luck and have fun!